Hello 7C Chargers!
I asked you to complete a “Science Share Space” after you completed your MOY. I am overwhelmed by the deep thinking questions, your kindness, and also by some of your very heart-felt letters! I want to answer a number of frequently asked questions.
- My birthday is on the Winter Solstice. I will be 48, but since Coach Fuji will be 52 two weeks later, I don’t feel so old! J
- We have known each other for 23 years, and have been married for 22.5 years. We met in California when I was managing a Residence Hall at Cal State Hayward, and he was coaching a Baseball Camp through the Oakland A’s.
- I am from West Virginia. I grew up in Pittsburgh, PA, and went back to West Virginia University. I graduated with a degree in Psychology, but pursued a career in Student Housing before wising up and becoming a teacher in 2006.
- My Mom and Dad live in Alabama. I have a younger brother in Philadelphia, and a younger sister who lives in Ohio.
- I LOVE teaching 7th grade Science. I taught 5th grade Science for 9 years. While I loved my students in elementary school, there has never been a group like the one I have this year! I feel so fortunate to get to teach each and every one of YOU!
- No, Science was not my favorite subject growing up. I told myself that I wasn’t good at Math and Science, unfortunately, and so I only focused on Reading and Social Studies. It wasn’t until I saw good Science teachers teaching Science in 2005-2006 that I learned to love Science! I hope my new-found passion shows!
- My favorite colors are pink and navy blue. My favorite food is pizza. My favorite movies include, “Bucket List” and “Apollo 13.” I love the Steelers and Texans, as well as baseball and golf, and my college teams are the West Virginia Mountaineers, Texas Longhorns, and Houston Cougars.
- While Coach Fuji and I have never been able to have children of our own, we have been so fortunate to spend our days and early evenings with thousands of kids over the years!
- Yes, we are dissecting rats the week we get back from Winter Break. Each group will get their own rat.
- As far as Evolution vs. Creationism goes, it is my responsibility as a teacher to provide you with information for both theories, and allow you to form your own opinions.
I wish you and your families a Healthy and Happy Holiday Season! Be ready to work when you get back!
P.S. – You all ROCKED that MOY!! I am SO proud of how hard you worked!
Ms. Coffman Fujiwara